1.What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before?
go to Europe on my own, a foreign affair
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
maybe 2/3 of the time
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Iceland and France
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 13 - averted a health crisis of my dad
late April to mid May - long term sub job
July - France
July 24-26 - oh, things
December 30 - bad things
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
two longer term stints at a high school
9. What was your biggest failure?
Too recent to talk about.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The House of Hades
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
my folks. my shrink. my friends.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
my own. and a lot of other people who studied abroad in Paris who weren't very friendly to me.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
The Neighbourhood's album, I Love You
The Decemberists' album, The Hazards of Love
30 Seconds to Mars - Up in the Air
Panic at the Disco - Ms. Jackson
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? right now, like right now right now? sadder.
b) thinner or fatter? Aunties always insist thinner, but...
c) richer or poorer? poorer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Work, saving money
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
feeling inferior, nursing feelings of resentment
20. How did you spend Christmas?
with family, in Orlando
21. What was your favorite month of 2013?
22. Did you fall in love in 2013?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
Once Upon a Time
5. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
The House of Hades
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
to feel rested
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Performed in a production of Macbeth. 27.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
don't feel like getting into it now
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
34. What kept you sane?
books, my sub job, memories
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Liam Hemsworth, Logan Lerman, Josh Hutcherson, Jesse Rutherford
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
George Zimmermann's lack of legal consequences for any of his wrongdoings
37. Who did you miss?
hmmmm...I can't think of anyone I missed in 2013.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
new members of Britches and Hose, I suppose.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
If you're feeling burned out, just set boundaries and don't take on more projects. Do not take on new projects while seething with resentment that you're taking on that project instead of resting.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Remember what the people say...let it go."